Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday Madness

I went to a review class today... It was weird visiting ol' school for the first time in over a year. Quite depressing, actually. It brought back many recollections from my life a year or so ago. Anyway, I went to the first of many "review classes" today as I'm studying to take a dumb test that means absolutely nothing. At least a degree sorta means something. Becoming a "professional engineer" only means you studied for and took a test -- anyone could do that. Of course, the "professional" engineer's board tries to make it sound all heady and wonderful and this and that, but to me it only means the possibility of a higher pay ceiling. Ok, so it's worth something. Anyway, today, we reviewed Math... from 8am to 5:30pm. We started with the equation for a line, covered college algebra, trigonometry, Calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations... for a long, long, long time. I was rather dead by the time I crawled home to scratch outside the door. :-)

Ok, actually, it was pretty good. The teacher did an amazing job. I don't have a clue how you'd keep people actively engaged in math, of all subjects, for an entire work day, but she did it. Quite amazing. With someone like that, I might actually half-way enjoy math. (I despise math... and just because "I'm an engineer" doesn't mean I'm good at math. All it means is I'm a nerd.)

1 comment:

Ben's bother said...

Maybe it was because it was a SHE!