Monday, November 17, 2008

Urad




pon arriving at the Frisco Marina, we found the old "dangerous" playground equipment replaced with new "safe" equipment. For once, "safe" wasn't synonymous with boring. Yes, folks, believe it or not, there is such a thing as a new playground that's fun. It could have had something to do with it being more dangerous than any other playground I've ever been to, but I doubt it... Maybe it had something to do with the playground being designed for kids 12 years and younger? Nah! It was fun WITHOUT having to climb on the roof. I just hope they don't get sewed and take it out very soon.

Here it is... complete with slides that are actually fast, spinney things that make you sick after realizing there's no way to stop once you get going as fast as you can, tons of bars to bump your head on, places to fall off of at great heights, and the noble treadmill of death. (Friction is sometimes a good thing. :-) It also served as a playground for my sister's wild imagination with regards to physics.

As Mark kindly demonstrated, the main tower was pretty high. The climbing wall was one of the only ways to get up. Oh, and yeah... Those bars you slide down are actually fun at 45 degrees with a 12' drop.

The playground contained many odd, twisted ladders, and missing walls on high platforms.

I felt like a kid again!

10 comments:

Steven said...

Ben, that chair looks great!
I think I need to make a few calls to get a ban put on that place, it looks like too much fun.

FYI
safety buddy
And, lest we forget Playground safety

And, yes both of these links are ".gov"

It wouldn't let me use the html new window command, so if you can't get those to work, here are the main links that you can copy and paste.

http://www.cpsc.gov/kids/kidsafety/buddy.html

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08251.html

Anonymous said...

Lol, I love that picture of you in that chair. :-) That looks like a really fun playground. It's very rare to find one that like that anymore.

Ben&Brit said...

LOL -- Thanks :-)

Yeah, I know. Beck and I usually make it a goal to get maximum fun out of any playground we come across, but this one was fun without trying to have fun :-)

Ben&Brit said...

Oh, man, Steve :-) That's funny. Thanks!

Ben&Brit said...

Oh, man, Steve :-) That's funny. Thanks!

Jowy H said...

Oh, man, Ben :-) That's funny. You're welcome!

Jowy H said...

Oh, man, Ben :-) That's funny. You're welcome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, I'm really curious how you did that last picture of you in that huge chair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, I'm really curious how you did that last picture of you in that huge chair!

Ben&Brit said...

LOL -- Um... It was a *cough* big chair. :-)

I know, no fancy editing :'( Shameful. :'(