Friday, January 9, 2009

The Adventure Begins!

So sad. I have to leave... for another 3 months... Maybe someday I can eat artichokes in peace...

Yup, tomorrow's the big day. I have a very unique opportunity to work at Hoover Dam for 3 months. My boss is hoping this will be a very beneficial experience in which I can learn all sorts of things about how hydroelectric power plants work. I'm staying in Henderson, Nevada which is about 15-20 mi mutes from Las Vegas.

I'm driving to Beaver, Utah tomorrow and arriving at Henderson on Sunday afternoon. I'll probably be really bored, so there may be a lot of blog posts coming :-)

On a positive note, some of the top-rated roller-coasters in the world are within driving distance of Henderson. :-)

I'm also really excited for my first weekend in Vegas... well... Ok, so I'll be in Anaheim, California. The Downs, some really nice people from our church, are presenting Yamaha's new Disklavier at a huge music trades show in California. (NAMM) When they heard I'd be in the area, they got me an unlimited pass to the convention, so I'll hopefully get to see all sorts of things. Sounds pretty fun, in my opinion. Plus, I'll be staying right next to Knott's Berry Farm, an amusement park with some great roller-coasters :-) I'm also planning to scope out Anaheim for a future visit to Disneyland. (I'm going through amusement-park-withdrawal right now since Elitches is closed, so this ought to be a good experience. :-) (yeah, it's rough... No side-winder, no Ship-wreck Falls. No standing in lines...)

6 comments:

Sarcastic Sally said...

GAMBLING GALORE!

(Sorry, that's all I can write before the internets die in .02 senconds...)

Steven said...

SWEEEEEEET! Great! I'm looking forward to seeing all the great daily posts that are comming! ;)

Jowy H said...

Where's day 1, 2, 3, and 4?

Jowy H said...

5?

Jowy H said...

6, 7, 8, 9?

Ben&Brit said...

LOL, Sally, you sound like my GPS. (In .2 miles, turn right on West Canyon Boulevard.)