Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Me, Me, and Me.

I'm getting tired of talking about me. Why don't you all talk about me for a while?

Ok, ok... So the joke isn't funny at all anymore... like it ever was.

Wednesday
Having eaten the rest of my hamburgers on Tuesday night, it was time to make something new for dinner -- Sloppy Joes. It's really weird making food for just myself. Instead of going to the store and trying to buy everything in the biggest quantity they sell, I have to look for things that come in small enough quantities I can eat it before it rots. It's a new experience for me. Oh, and do you know what's really weird? When I'm done eating, I can put all my dishes in the dish washer and start it. That's all. 30 seconds and dinner is all cleaned up. It was a shock to me the first night. I got up to clean up the dishes and finished about 30 seconds later.

I decided it was time for ice cream. After all, isn’t it ice cream that makes the world go ‘round? I popped the Ben&Jerry’s out of my… *cough* “freezer” and enjoyed it immensely. Unfortunately, my “freezer” is more like a fridge, so the ice cream was more like a milk-shake when everything good sinks to the bottom. I’m used to being endlessly amused by ice cream. You never know when you’ll get a good bite. You put a spoon-full into your mouth while chanting something like, “Big money, big money, big money! SCORE!” (Hey, I’m in “Vegas,” what can I say?) Anyway, back to the ice cream… It wasn't amusing, and I drank it. Convenient that ice-cream comes in a waxed cup, wouldn’t you say?

After becoming rather bored, the red box looked tempting on the way out of the grocery store, so I picked up the first thing I recognized. I was too tired to finish it, though, so I’ll assume bat-boy beat Mr. evil clown and lived happily ever after.

Thursday
I got ready to go to California. The Downs, a really nice couple from our church, got me a pass for the NAMM convention. It's a huge music convention in California... HUGE. I heard that right around 100,000 people registered last year.

I washed my clothes for the first time. (My co-worker thanked me almost as much as when I took a shower for the first time last night. J/K.) Not much to say besides the fact it costs $4.50 and even more if I decide I want to use fabric-softener at some point. (Fabric softener is supposedly a type of wax. Doesn't help the fire-resistant clothing :-)

Friday
I went to work. I came home. I drove to California.

My new GPS plays books on tape and came with a coupon for three free audio books. Before I left, I downloaded The Talisman, and two G.K. Chesterton books. I finished the Talisman on the way to California and would highly recommend it as would I with regards to Sir Walter Scott in general. Although The Talisman is less of an action novel, it is still worthy of it's categorization as "a classic novel," in my estimation.

The city of California is huge. Yes, I call it a city because once you cross the border, it's city from thereon out. Sure, the weather was nice… almost ran my air conditioner… but having to use a 5-lane highway to get anywhere isn’t my idea of fun :-)

I'm getting tired of writing yet again, so I'll hopefully post more tomorrow. I have so much to tell about the enormous NAMM convention and Knott's Berry Farm with all the amazing roller coasters. (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V :-)

Until then, um… Have a great day!

And, do remember to wish Steve a happy birthday on this very special occasion of his birthday :-)

6 comments:

Michael said...

Cool Stuff

Becka Travers said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STEVE!!!

There, it's the least I could do. :)

Steven said...

Happy Birth.. er.. oh.. right.
Yahoo! Thanks!

Hey, When did they start putting dish washers in hotel / motels?

Hey, you know that there is more to life then roller coasters, right?

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
You should post some of those amazing pictures that you sent me.. :-) including the gross one!

Ben&Brit said...

I'm in a suite with a mini-kitchen.

Yeah, you're right... There is more to life than roller coasters -- riding them.

Jowy H said...

Does your G.P.S. have the ability to change the voices? We got one that we ended up taking back cause it broke...



Oh, right, voices, yeah we had one that did...
But we took it back cause it broke.

Ben&Brit said...

Yup!

It will talk in all sorts of voices and languages!