Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nance





e ne ne new nee! I DID IT!

Beck and Abb were convinced I couldn't sleep through a gerbil cage containing noisy toys, and I was convinced I could. (I have very selective hearing when I'm asleep.)

A few nights ago, Abb prepared a new batch a gerbils for my enjoyment. She had just adopted a particularly active family of gerbils and decided they needed a squeaky wheel, a glass water bottle, and a large box.

The specimen was brought to the place of testing. The gerbils started performing their acts of noisome kindness -- shredding cardboard, banging the water bottle, and wearing out the already worn out wheel bearings.

True, it did take longer to go to sleep. At one point, I was wondering if all three instruments of noise were really necessary, but determined to prove my sisters wrong, I went to sleep and stayed asleep all night.

Beck and Abb were not amused but thought it great blog material, so here it is! (Thanks, BTW :-)

3 comments:

Steven said...

Seems that this test could only be confirmed if you recorded the amount of sound that woke Abbey up, and played it at the same time and volume during your sleep. Selective hearing eh? Is that why you always pretend to not hear me while I yell at you?

Jowy H said...

It's the worst when you've been really lazy and haven't cleaned the cage for a while and they pile up their stuffing in one corner and then scratch on the lid... that will keep you up for too long. Unless you finally give in and go empty out some of the stuffing.

Ben&Brit said...

Huh... Maybe I need to repeat the experiment.