Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back again...

And nothings changed. I guess it's only been two days.

I guess we're too busy to go to Elitches this weekend. I have a melancholy attachment to the place... MY ESCAPE HAS ESCAPED! HELP! LOL -- I'm not making any sense at all tonight.

ANYWAY, I'm back from... er... Kortes. When I told my parents where I'd been today, I couldn't even picture the place for a couple minutes. Seems like weeks ago since I was there, but I guess it was only a few hours ago. I'll blame it on the 5 hours of country/rock on the drive back.

The plant operator was talking about his small heard of Red Angus. 30 or so heads. He lost three calves last night because he didn't find them in time and they froze to death. Guess that happens a lot up near Kortes. It's way up and out there and, of course, it's windy. The road to get to it is half gravel, half paved. It's right above "Miracle Mile," a fisherman's dream. I want to go to Elitches at 7:04.

4 comments:

Steven said...

Did you mean Cortez?
Blame the Spanish.
So, did you stay there, or just pass through?

Ben&Brit said...

Nope. Kortes. Pronounced, "Quartis."

I don't have a clue what it's supposed to mean or be or from or anything :-)

Steven said...

so... where is that?

Ben&Brit said...

Um... In Wyoming :-) Ok, see newest post... as of this comment. :-)