Sunday, April 26, 2009

I've met no one at Elitches at 7:04

Beck, Abb, and I have been to Elitches every day they've been open this season... True, they've only been open two days, but nonetheless, we've been there, come rain or cold. Unfortunately, that's all that has come, but it was fun anyway.

Yesterday, it was just plain cold. We thought that the lines would be really short, being the first day they were open and a cold day, but so did all the other crazy people in Denver. Well, whatever. Crazy, if not fun, is usually memorable. It was really, really depressing, but I enjoyed it and I think my sisters did, too.

Today, it was wet. Elitches decided to turn all of their rides into water rides, so no matter where you were, water would just fall on you.It was quite a bit of fun, though we did comment several times how we missed being there with the Hamvas's.

We saw two unusually weird people today... Well, three. I motioned to Abb when two pairs of lips suddenly came forth from the depths of some hoodies. It looked really funny. Abb looked just in time for the two to really give a disgusting show, so Abb leaned over the rail and did a pretty convincing throwing-up scene.

Later, we saw Muscle Man... He was standing in the rain in a tank-top, trying to look warm. He would occasionally forget he was immune to the weather and would then huddle-up, only to see girls in the vicinity and have to pretend his goose-bumps were a figment of the imagination. I'm surprised his fake sun tan didn't wash off in the rain! It kind of looked like something I would do, but there's no one to show off to at Elitches, so it's just as well :-)

I was afraid that after riding some of the better rides in America, Elitches wouldn't be fun. On the contrary! I was very pleased to find that Elitches was still very fun. The Wet-Winder has a drop that can outdo just about every ride I've been on, the Wetster II is really quite cool, the Mind-Drencher, although short, is really fun, and the Half-Soaked... well, it broke right before we got on.

11 comments:

Steven said...

hahahaha! the wetster II
YEAH! I thought that they always shut the rides down during the rain though? no?

Jowy H said...

Wow.... um... that looks.. um... wet? Or is it cold? IT'S SO CONFUSING!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
*runs*

Ben&Brit said...

Yeah, I was surprised by that, Steve... I'm guessing they shut down for lightening. What was funny was that the operator on the Side Winder sounded like she was practically pleading with people to not want to ride again :-) It was wet... Way wet.

Yeah, Jow. WET! You shoulda been there. It was fun.

sarah m said...

"Elitches decided to turn all of their rides into water rides, so no matter where you were, water would just fall on you."

That was the best sentence that was ever written on this blog. Congratulations.

Steven said...

Nah, the best sentence would be the death sentence!

ha ha? ha
ho.. ho..
I should have used an anon..

Becka Travers said...

Yeah, that was fun. Until I stomped in that big puddle...
Or sat down on the wet bench...
Nope, it was the big puddle over by the XLR8R.

Man, I want to go again! We can't go this weekend, though.

Sarcastic Sally said...

Wow...I'm really slow --
I almost went back to the post to look for the "death sentence..."

I think CAD is melting my mind.

I'm so bored I spilled almost my entire bottle of pop on the floor for entertainment.

Wet or not, Elitches sounds like a lot more fun than this...

*chases Joe*

Ben&Brit said...

Yeah, Beck, so this ain't cool... The boys informed me tonight of all the stuff that's going on this weekend. Man.

Uh, *cough* Beth, *cough* I think I'm slower than you because I don't get what on earth the death sentence is referring to... * cough*

Man, Sally... you sound depressed :'(

Ain't life boring? I think it's really boring right now and I'm even going to cool places.

Well... Have fun chasing Joe!

(The big monster chases you! You runs and screams!)

WOW! I must be bored right now. I'm quoting myself. (And, as Ben the great once said, The big monster...)

Uh, MEH! I guess I'll go back to my corner.... er... it's not a corner anymore because I busted holes in it :-)

Sarcastic Sally said...

Death sentence -- I.E. electric chair, gallows, NEEDLES!, burning at the stake, concrete shoes, 24 contiguous hours of Barney, etc.

Boo @ Steve for being abstract in the first place.

sarah m said...

Ha, Ha, ha. I got it right away. I guess that was a joke for someone umm... superly... intelligent (??) as me.

Ben&Brit said...

AH! I finally figured it out. Haha. Man, I'm a moron.