Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No peektures

I'm sorry, but I have to go to bed, so I'll just give the highlights and let you all look for your own pictures on Google. :-)

Just a couple quickies:

As many of you know, listening to Country music is a requirement to being in my group at work. When you're on the road, Country is THE music. True, if you're Jill, you hate it, but she just moved out of our group. Me? Uh... I'm up to "It's bearable for about 3hrs" now. It's sad that I have a lot of the songs memorized. AND WHY DOES TAYLOR SWIFT HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED COUNTRY!

Anyway, in Colorado, Country seems to be everywhere... Even in the remotest of areas. Why, even Mt. Elbert has Ski Country! For the most part, I don't mind it. In Colorado, it's usually about some sweetheart or how lucky some guy is to be married to his princess or something likewise vomit-inducing.

Out here? It's just depressing. It's all about "I wish you weren't gone," "I still love you so even though you left," "I'm going to marry for money!", etc.

Anyway I got to listen to that. I'd much rather be reminded about what a princess my wife is... Oh, wait... I'm not married... er... How much I love my betrothed... er... uh... girlfriend? Ok, ok... I'm just a looser, according to Disney.

Speaking of Country, for being "anti-image," it sure has a HUGE image! I realized that yesterday.

Anyway, we went to two dams today: Alcova and Fremont Canyon. Well, we went to the power plants. To get to Fremont Canyon power plant, you have to go through a long tunnel into a canyon wall... It's pretty cool, too. The Fremont Canyon dam is called Pathfinder Dam and is 100 years old this year. My boss brought me up there to see it and it's really cool. It's made out of stone and feels like it's in a mountain plain out in the middle of nowhere... Then again, most of Wyoming is in the middle of nowhere, so what do you expect! Check out the Google pictures if you want to.

Anyway, like most of the places out in the boonies, you get to eat at weird little eateries. We ate lunch from a general store. The owner apparently bags lunches in zip-locks and sells them for $7.50 Sandwich wrapped in plastic rap. Tomatoes wrapped in plastic rap. Pickles wrapped in... you got it! plastic wrap. Moist towelette, salt, pepper, Mayonnaise, Mustard, fork, spoon, chips, jello, cookies, mint, and 2nd mint to wash down the first.

DINNER! I ate at Red Lobster. I've practically never eaten any seafood, so I had to ask my boss what to do, what to order, etc. I ended up with a fried platter... Lots of fish. I don't know what all... My boss seemed to think there was shrimp, popcorn shrimp, something that started with a "G," flounder, etc. It was eatable. Some of it really didn't taste like something you should be eating... like something really gross that was burned... way burnt. Anyway... It was eatable. Tarter sauce, that's all I'll say.

I think my readers can guess how the story ends. (BTW, don't you just hate it how so many great classics end with similar sentances? seems so lame...)

No comments: