Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back Home

Turns out our 7hr day of travel took 10.5hrs. We drove from Grand Coulee to Spokane in our lovely Dodge minivan. Things went fairly smoothly. The rental car company didn't charge us for the dents I put in the floor of the van with my knees while moving heavy boxes. They didn't even charge for the scrapes our pelican cases left on the interior. It was rather nice of them.

We went through security and sat down to wait for our flight. Well... The plane needed a new tire and that took a while... a long while. After an hour, people with connecting flights started getting re-booked. It made 10 people from American Idol late for something, so heads were rolling. There was a guy being a complete moron while shouting all kinds of names at the ticket agents. There were a lot of angry people. Then there was the rest of us... All sitting, looking at each other, and laughing at the angry people. It was great fun.

There was a 7-month old baby, too. That was cool because it's been like forever since I've seen little kids.

Eventually, us mere mortals without connecting flights got re-booked for a United flight. With 45 minutes to make the transfer, Jill (my coworker) and I ran to get our baggage, checked it in at United, ran to the security line, were opted for the special screening, waited forever even though there was practically no line, and ran to the terminal a couple minutes before they started boarding. Somehow, Jill got a random carry-on bag check at the gate and got searched again.

I boarded the plane and sat and stared for a long time.

When I woke up, I got out of the plane, got my bag, and headed out for the bus. The government will pay for a taxi, but after taking one out there and watching the fair go up $0.25 every four seconds on I-70, I decided the bus was a better option. Plus, I was sick of calculating tips, so I was glad to get a reprieve. After sitting a while, I got on the bus and sat and stared until I got to Cold Springs. My dad picked me up there and it was all good.

I miss Elitches. Sure, the people and noise are rather annoying, but it's so relaxing to sit and watch fairly advanced electrical/mechanical machines operate. (NERD ALERT!)

Why am I posting?

OH, YEAH!


That and this:
http://bewareofthedoghouse.com/video.aspx

This and that:
I decided to take at least a week off around Christmas.

5 comments:

Sarcastic Sally said...

Is that a video of your happy goat friend Click Clack? :-P (Sorry...)

ROFL! "Thanks for the memories." That definitely did not deserve the doghouse.

How can you take a week off around Christmas? Wouldn't that really mess up leap years and lunar cycles and stuff?

Ben&Brit said...

LOL -- My devoted friend Natuwerto Parmaiko? (I almost know how to spell it!) (Click clack is the guy on The Gods Must Be Crazy.)

Yeah... Maybe it wasn't Memorex memory... that must be the problem.

Oh... You're right... The lunar cycles... Yeah. Thanks... But, hey! I feel like destroying stuff, so... :-)

(How many ellipses can I get?)

Jowy H said...

(It's(the(most(interesting(thing(when(you(have(more(than(3(ellipses(in(one(sentence.)))))))))))))))

Jowy H said...

FAIL! He missed a brick! AND! he only was able to carry 22! AND! He had some sort of pad. (the guy that came in after him put some sort of pad on his head.)

Ben&Brit said...

HEY! I like ellipses! Ok, ok... So they're addicting... :-)

22? SWEET!