Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Coulee -- Day 2

Hi! Bye! I'm going to bed. We worked 13.5hrs today and I'm tired. I know that's nothing for a lot of you out there, but I'm tired.

We tested 3 out or 14 battery banks today, so we're ahead of schedule. One of the three banks was a 125V battery that's well over 1,000 amp-hours. Each cell is almost as big as a forklift battery.

I saw some really impressive sights today. I got a short tour of some of the largest hydro units in the world and was pretty amazed. Just to give you a rough estimate, the shafts that turn these generators are around 12' in diameter. I have a lot of bad cell phone pictures, but those are going to have to wait. If I get a shorter day sometime (Sunday is supposed to be 8hrs), I'll put my bad pictures up :-)

Hope you all are doing ok!

7 comments:

Steven said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! Did you have to wear your safety goggles, face shield, and arm length gloves while testing?

Man, I wish I could go there, it sounds pretty neat.

Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Every surface stumbles with a genetics. But why won't an extraneous query exact another short yawn?

Jowy H said...

Yet another person has succumbed to staring at their computer for too long.

Hey, who told you sleep was more important than posting poor quality pictures for the whole world to see?!

Anonymous said...

It does sound neat, but it also sounds like way too much work. Hope you can have a leetle fun while you're at it...
Blow something up for me.

Ben&Brit said...

Huh. Weird "Rock" guy.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. Believe, me. You don't want to be here. It feels like weeks since I got here and there's still 7 more days :-)

Steven said...

Rock lobster! :|
SWEET! 7 more torturous days! that means you have 7 more posts!

Ben&Brit said...

7, eh?