Friday, December 5, 2008

Coulee -- Days 5 & 6

Hello, all! Today was really cool because we got off at 4:30!

*edit from today since the laptop battery died yesterday*
Today was even cooler because got off at 3! Short 8hr days are fun!

I came out here to Grand Coulee with Nate and Jim. (Supervisor and coworker.) They left to go home today (Friday) and Jill (another coworker) came to take their place. What's cool is she's planning on working shorter days, so I won't be as tired. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the laptop charger from the dam, so it will be a shorter post. (Oh... Wait... That's not such a bad thing :-)

See that big, round thing? That's the core out of one of the smaller generators. They have the entire thing taken apart right now. I also borrowed a nicer camera to take a few pictures, so maybe someday I'll actually get them up :-)

Here's some pictures for you all: (Click on the picture)
Grand Coulee

7 comments:

Jowy H said...

WOW!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! fake link!

Ben&Brit said...

That's... pretty sweet!

Ben&Brit said...

Oh, man... I felt like I was at Lakeside again yesterday. Sitting in a concrete room with dim lighting... drinking Gatoraid... No Cheetos, just carrots :'(

Jowy H said...

SWEET!

Were they baby carrots?

Ryan_Th3_K1d said...

That's pretty sweet....Great pictures!



Lakeside...*sigh* good times :D

Steven said...

You both are nuts. I hated lakeside... Still do. I liked having fun there, but I never liked lakeside. That place is evil. (er, was evil)

Ben, Great pictures! I almost felt like I was there.. almost.. er..
yeah.
Looks like a LOT of walking.
So, how about day 7 and 8?
Hope you are having a good time! (looks like it)
And, who couldn't have a good time getting away from their family? Know what I mean? yeah? yeah??
...

Ben&Brit said...

Thanks, I did.

LOL -- I missed my family.