Monday, February 23, 2009

"Icky" Weather?

Above: Today's "bad" weather in the Las Vegas area.

Someone told me we were going to have some gross weather last week. I was kind of excited. Every day out here basically looks identical. I kept waiting for the bad weather, but it never came. On Friday, I heard a different person say something like "No, I didn't do that because we've been having such bad weather."

I thought to myself, "You've got to be kidding me."

I guess to the locals, having more than one wisp of cloud in the sky, having temperatures below 70, having "rain," or having gusts of wind every once in a while makes it "bad weather."

Last week was partly cloudy. It even sprinkled a little. When it sprinkles, umbrellas come out even when there's not enough water to discolor your shirt.

Judging from the rumors I've heard about summer, I'd say this is GREAT weather! (I've heard it's rare that nights cool below 100 in the summer.)

3 comments:

Jowy H said...

It looks so.... Warm.

That would be nasty in the summer though.

Abbey said...

I see palm trees! :D You made my day.

Ben&Brit said...

Yeah, it's warm down here :-) The locals wear coats in weather like this, though. (You never know! The morning may be 62!)

Thanks Shnabba! I'm missing you guys :-)