Thursday, February 19, 2009

What have I done to thee, thou foul fiend?

I was going to take a peekture of the “guest laundry” room tonight, but when I turned on the camera, it protested, claiming it needed a recharge. My "friendly reasoning" were futile attempts and accomplished nothing.

The dryer in the laundry room seems to hate me. How do you dry a load containing jeans, cotton shirts, etc. without problems? I don’t feel like paying an additional $1.25, so I get damp and pre-shrunk clothes. Whoo, hoo. I need one of those manikin things for stretching out my clothes with the knobs to adjust body size. You know, those things you got in trouble for playing with at the fabric store when you were little.

Eh, I didn’t mind going to the fabric store… well, at least I didn’t mind it until I got tired of looking at the cool color of green uh… Sofro? made their chairs (I was obsessed with green when I was little.) and you reached the end of the costume section of the pattern books. After that, I’d go downhill and would get in trouble for anything I could think to do that was exciting:

Messing with the store safe at Hancock Fabrics (pronounced “hand-cox” if you’re a kid)
Pretending the spring-loaded thread racks were tracks and your hand was a train.
Climbing in the shelves that hold foam sheets.
Crawling around underneath the fabric bolt racks
Unrolling the wide fabric that comes on rolls
Playing with the rollers on the “dangerous machine” that cuts rolled fabric
Wrapping yourself up in loose fabric hanging from bolts
Staring at the red and blue colored paper that you use with the spiky roller thingy and thinking how cool the sheets look before you disobeyed your mom and ran the spiky roller thingy all over them.
Sucking on hand rails. (They taste so cool...)
Seeing how long you can pretend you didn’t hear your mom when she told you to stop messing

I honestly don’t know how my mom put up with me...

7 comments:

Steven said...

"How do you dry a load containing jeans, cotton shirts, etc. without problems?"

It's called "don't try to dry jeans with shirts," It just don't work right.

NO PICTURES! BLAT!

Ben&Brit said...

LOL -- I do wash them separately. I just don't want to pay for two dryer cycles... Mainly because I'm lazy.

Jowy H said...

Wow, your experiences at the fabric store sound exactly like mine! Only I was really bad and tried to destroy stuff when it seemed like we'd been there forever. :P I don't think I ever sucked on stuff though. :D

YOU WASH CLOTHES SEPARATELY????!!!!
You have to dump 'em in all at once! (Of course you can't fill the washer too full... let's just say someone hypothetically did it, and their clothes didn't smell to good afterwards(Hey, I had to add that word (afterwards) into the dictionary!(on my computer(because I'm using Firefox(Wow, this ended up being long!.)))))

Sarcastic Sally said...

Joe, you were always good at the fabric store...as long as you got candy.

Man, by the end of last semester, I had been to Denver Fabrics so many times (for various projects) that I wanted to race around the store unrolling every single roll of fabric there. They really shouldn't make them so convenient to unravel...they're like toilet paper...
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

And I agree, you have to dump all the clothes in the washer at once, and then put 'em all in the dryer at once, even if it takes 4 hours to dry. The less effort exerted, the better your clothes will turn out, guaranteed.

BTW, this post is definitely a candidate for the "Randomest Post Ever" award.

Steven said...

I didn't say anything about washing the clothes.

NO PICTURES!!! BLAT!

Ben&Brit said...

HEY! COOL! Do that a couple times and all my clothes would be brown! Haha! No more "those don't match" comments for me!

Candy didn't work for me. I much preferred testing the limits of Mom's endurance (To this day, I have the award for being harder to raise than all the other boys combined...)

BWAAA, HAAA, HAA, HA! Yeah... Rolled items are irresistible... I know the feeling :-)

Yeah, the dryers here are kind of a problem. The $1.25 gets you 45 minutes. If they took credit cards, I wouldn't have any problem paying for more time, but when you watch your quarters disappear, five at a time, it seems like a rip-off :-)

"BTW, this post is definitely a candidate for the "Randomest Post Ever" award."
THANK YOU, THANK YOU! *Takes Bow* Oh, wait... *admires self in mirror* THANK YOU, THANK YOU! *Takes Bow* (something I learned how to do from Disney Channel. Man, I hate that channel. I really do. Especially after watching it for hours straight while being sick.

I know, Steve... No colorful pictures... No pictures at all... Let me put it this way: I'm lazy. Perhaps I can amend my ways in the future!

Anonymous said...

We didn't get away with half of that!