Thursday, February 12, 2009

Previous Post Puzzle Peeled





Seems that no one figured out what my last post was talking about, so they started looking for hidden meanings. Guess I can’t blame them. It was like so totally random!

I crash about once a week, usually on Wednesday night. That means I get to spend the whole night doing nothing! Yea me! Part of doing nothing involves watching the Disney Channel! Doubly Yea me! It’s kind of cool to sit and play the mindless game of analyzing underlying philosophies. Here are a couple things I’ve learned:

Success is about having friends.

Girls, on the surface, are petty, conniving devils, but they mean well.

Guys are required to like girls, for some unknown reason, and must have a girlfriend. To get a girlfriend, you walk up to a girl and ask her to be his girlfriend. End of story.

Guys are unintelligent but good-natured.

It’s best to obey your parents. Disobeying always lands you in hot water, but in the end you get what you want and everything always works out.

Growing up is about making your parents understand. Parents just spring out of nowhere and never had to grow up, so it’s up to the kids to help them understand what growing up is all about.

Cheerleaders are stupid and everyone hates them.

Popular people’s “friends” don’t like them.

Ok, ok, so I’m exaggerating. Believe it or not, I was kind of surprised by how conservative the Disney channel is (well, compared to the rest of Hollywood), but it was still interesting to study a force that’s shaping our culture. Ok, ok… So I watched TV. Not only that, I enjoyed it. Therefore, it wasn’t educational. (J/K)

Phineas and Ferh is probably the “show” I enjoyed the most. It’s a stupid cartoon that reminds me of Rocky and Bullwinkle. (Didn’t say I’d like it if I had enough sleep.)

From a philosophy standpoint, and from the very few episodes I’ve seen, I think Hanna Montana is probably the best show on there… Basically, it’s a modern version of the Beverly Hillbillies. And, no, this doesn’t mean you can buy me Hanna Montana junk.

Whelp… That was fascinating, wasn’t it? Hopefully my next post is even more riveting!

Oh, and as far as the last post, it was a conglomeration of speech styles from the Disney channel and meant nothing.
For now, I got to go. I have at least one circuit board to design and May Day is fast approaching. (BTW, the reason I’m always preparing for May Day and never have anything to show for it is very few of projects get finished. The things that do get finished usually break right away. Good learning experience.)

4 comments:

Steven said...

Good cartoons! :)

I'm really glad I don't have cable.

Sounds like you have made short work of your justification of your bad habit!
Good Job! :P

Ben&Brit said...

LOL! I don't watch that much TV. It gets really boring really fast.

Jowy H said...

Wow, sounds very um... redeeming...
and um.........
....
...
...
well
....
Are you sure you don't want Hannah Montana junk?

Ben&Brit said...

Well... Only if it's worth something, and I can sell it on eBay.