Friday, March 20, 2009

Bye, Bye Birdy... I mean Vegas!

In the government, things either happen in a matter of months or hours. The project I was sent down to help with got delayed until November, so I found out yesterday that it was my last day at Hoover... until November. That's kind of cool. I'll be glad to get back.

Last night, I had a surprise. I went to the front desk to give them a heads-up that we were leaving. As I approached the desk, I though, "Oh, no... It's someone I haven't seen before, so I'll have to explain our whole extended stay thing, etc." When I got to the desk, the lady said, "You're Ben, right?" For some reason, all the hotel staff knows who I am and what room I'm staying in even though I still see people I don't think I've ever seen before. She said, "You have two boxes here." I was like, "Uh... ok?" Turns out my family sent me a "birthday kit" and a miniature RC helicopter :-) It was great fun and I'd post a picture, but I have to leave for work to tie up the loose ends in 7 minutes. That helicopter is pretty sweet! Plus, I have some mini-cakes, decorations, and even a special birthday plate!

Today in the hotel lobby, I found there must be a swim team staying at the hotel. I don't know what it is about this hotel and sports teams. They were all dripping in their swimming suits in the hotel lobby eating breakfast. The odd thing is they looked exhausted. Must have been from having to do so many flip-turns in the hotel pool. :-)

2 comments:

Jowy H said...

WHAT!!!!???? You can totally post a picture in 7 minutes! MAN! What are you? Some sort of punctual person or something?! *sniff* so... picture-less! WHYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Ben&Brit said...

I know, I know... Maybe I'll post of a picture of my messy room. :-)