Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Denver

As a lot of you probably know, I got to go home for the weekend.

Like last time, my family pampered me, I ate great food, and April even made a grapefruit cake for the occasion.

We played games, we stayed up talking, we laughed together, we cried together, it was great. (Huh! Yet another indication I need to get a career change and work for Hallmark Hall of Horrors... I mean... card company.)

I got in to DIA late, so Mom and Dad took me out to dinner. That was great fun. As usual, I ate a hamburger :-) Dad, Mom, April, and I then curled up and watched a Poirot episode. Once the rest of the family got home from a concert, I went and commiserated with Abb about the pains of life for several hours.

Saturday, I tried out something I made last time I was in Denver and found it didn't work. After that, Steve brought me Pawn shopping, and of, course, that was a barrel of laughs. Watching that guy try to drive is just plain hilarious. Ok, ok... I'm kidding. It was a lot of fun.

Once I got back home, we played with the robot for a while and then ate a great dinner of hamburgers! ♫Oh, the cattle are standing like statues... between two slices of bread...♫ (Yes, you have permission to ignore me.)

The whole family then curled up with an Alton Brown show. (A guy off the food network.)

Sunday, I got to see everyone at church and caught the summary of the Sermon on the Mount series. (A "brief overview" that started last June :-) Wow... That feels like a different part of my life... Sorry, random comment.

We ate a great lunch and played around till dinner. Later that night, Kellie, Beck, Abb, and I then played a couple games of Clue that were absolutely hilarious -- probably because we were all tired.


Even though it was nice to go back, Vegas is starting to feel like home. BWAAAA, HAAA, HAAA, HA! Ok, maybe not. I was a little disconcerted to find I wasn't much over the half-way mark.

6 comments:

Steven said...

NO PICTURES!
And, yeah, after spinning around making all that dust.. :) Now, that is what I call driving!

Hey, I can never remember, it's don't drink and drive, but what if you drink and then drive???

Sarcastic Sally said...

You can always drink at stop lights.

Grapefruit cake!?

Ben&Brit said...

Yeah, that was driving... and fun :-)

Yeah, Sally, I think you got that right, as far as I can remember.

Yeah, Grapefruit cake sounds weird, but it's pretty good :-) It has grapefruit sections on top.

Sarcastic Sally said...

Well it has to be good -- it has the word "cake" in it!

White cake, chocolate cake, grapefruit cake, soap cake, caked-on dirt...
They're all delicious just as long as cake's in there somewhere!

Ben&Brit said...

You got it! :-D

Jowy H said...

If Clue was getting funny... then yes, I think you would have to be pretty tired...

GRAPE FRUIT CAKE SOUND DELICIOUS!
However I'm not going to make it... you'll have to make it for me.