Friday, March 13, 2009

Slow... Lunch...

The guys here seem to need coffee and hard-core rock to help wake them up in the morning. Once they're awake, they start singing circus music at each other until the first break. After that, they move on to other music I don't recognize. Oh, and if you're carrying one end of a pipe, people will sing, "Hi ho, hi ho. It's off to work they go." at you. It's kind of funny as it's very predictable, but the electrician I'm working with today skipped the circus music. He's moving rather slow and seems rather unmotivated. I think it just might have something to do with the fact that he's working overtime and probably doesn't want to be here :-) (Electricians here can pretty much work overtime when they want to and seem to make it a goal to cross the $100k barrier each year.)

As a reward for making it through a paragraph, I present you with a picture for your viewing pleasure. This is a picture from inside a scroll case -- that is, the pipe that goes around the perimeter of a generator turbine, delivering water to the hungry mass of steel.
Well, that's about all of interest. I know, I know. Get a life.

4 comments:

Jowy H said...

IS IT LEGAL TO POST THIS MUCH!!!!?????? I'm even finding it hard to comment on so many things!!!!
(runs to corner and cries)

Have they ever seen what happens if the turn on the water with something in the pipe? :D Or do they have a special fish saving net before they get chopped up by the generators?

Jowy H said...

By the way are the red marks along the wall from the poor fishies? or is this were the Las Vegas mobs put the people the don't like... :D

Ben&Brit said...

Hey, I'm in Vegas. Everything's legal in Vegas.

LOL! I don't know what the red was. There were a lot of other pictures with that red and it really looked like blood. I'm wondering if someone got hurt and they were documenting the injury.

Ben&Brit said...

LOL! No, not that red. I thought you were talking about some red drips I saw in a lot of other pictures.